Hair Removal Services
At Helena’s Day Spa we are committed to making your visit as comfortable as possible.
We offer a variety of hair removal options, including IPL, Electrolysis and waxing. Your skin therapist will guide you as to which service or combination of services is best suited to your personal hair removal needs.
Our main aim is to offer a high standard of treatment – with that little bit extra – and to make sure that you get the very best service. Rest assured, your privacy is respected at all times. We maintain the highest of health and safety standards. All our equipment is sterilised and our products are disposable.
We take pride in offering consistent, quality waxing and Brazilian waxing services with sound advice, and the assurance that your treatments are being performed by qualified therapists trained to the highest of industry standards. In accordance with strict hygiene standards, we do not re-cycle our wax.
We choose to use a hypo-allergenic Kiwi & Aloe strip wax for most body areas and offer a gentle Aloe hot wax alternative for ultra-sensitive skins or delicate areas such as under arms, eyebrows, lip, face waxing and Brazilians. Our signature method ensures maximum comfort and results for you.
Ingrown Hair Solutions.
This specialised service will remove and treat ingrown hairs with minimal discomfort and irritation to your delicate skin. We also offer a large range of specialised ingrown hair products which include exfoliating mitts, creams, lotions, sprays, serums and pastes. Your therapist will provide you with the suitable home care range to slow down hair growth, prevent ingrown hairs and maintain that smooth soft skin.
Specialised Brazilian waxing.
Before you come in for a Brazilian this is a quick checklist you should go through.
- DO NOT trim area excessively
- DO NOT come during your menstrual cycle
- Take proper hygiene precautions prior to treatment
- DO NOT wax if you have recently have had an operation, or given birth
- Let the therapist know if you are on any medication
- Please consult your therapist of any medical condition or skin irritations
For a more permanent hair reduction, we offer both IPL Hair Reduction and Electrolysis permanent hair removal.
Electrolysis or IPL Hair Removal?
Helena’s Day Spa offers a variety of hair removal services. Waxing, tweezing, IPL and electrolysis. Often a combination of hair removal services works best. . Helena’s team of electrologists and IPL hair removal experts, will advise you as to which hair removal methods will be best suited to each area of concern
1. The official FDA clearance for electrolysis is “PERMANENT HAIR REMOVAL” while for IPL hair removal is “PERMANENT HAIR REDUCTION”.
2. In the very best of outcomes with IPL hair removal, there will be approximately 5% of hair left that will require electrolysis in order to be completely hair free.
3. IPL hair removal is best suited to very dark hair on very fair skin. Dark skin types pose a degree of risk. IPL hair removal is often considered to be mainly for large body areas whereas electrolysis is mainly considered best for the face, smaller areas, and left over sparse hairs after IPL hair removal.
IPL Permanent Hair Reduction
Silky smooth beautifully bare skin with Allegro Motion - IPL.
Permanent hair reduction solution that is virtually painless with a built in chiller. The ultimate hair removal solution.
WHY IPL Allegro
- IPL Allegro hair removal, provides permanent hair reduction for unwanted facial and body hair. The most effective treatment for those who suffer excessive hair growth or just desire a smoother hair free result.
• IPL Allegro aids in the reduction of unsightly and painful ingrowing hairs. IPL Allegro can remove long term ingrown hairs caused from waxing or shaving, and prevent new ingrown hairs from appearing.
- IPL Allegro is more cost effective & convenient than waxing in the long run
Does It Give Permanent Results
Yes! It will give you permanent hair reduction. Most hair will not grow back at all, whilst other hair may grow back thinner and lighter.
Does It Hurt?
For most people there is virtually NO discomfort. The feeling of the treatment is varied from person to person. IPL Allegro is one of the most painless & effective IPL machines on the market.
Are There Any Side Effects?
Typically most people experience nothing or a mild redness that usually subsides within a few hours after their treatment. We have a witch hazel gel which may be purchased to soothe & calm the area if required. Your therapist will consult with you to determine if you require any after care products.
How Many Sessions Are Required?
We recommend a course of 6-8 treatments initially and thereafter you may wish to have 1 or 2 top up treatments per year. Again this varied from person to person, and each area of the body treated will respond at different rates.
The guaranteed method of permanent hair removal.
All areas of the body can be treated with electrolysis. Electrolysis is medically and scientifically proven to remove hair permanently, and has both T.G.A. and FDA approval.There are no permanent side effects, but a temporary slight reddening of the skin may occur.This original permanent hair reduction treatment works on all hair colours & skin types from the finest downy hairs to the strongest coarsest hairs, with equal ease and success.
Electrolysis destroys the growth center (papilla) of the hair with heat energy. After a very fine probe is inserted into the hair follicle, a current is applied killing the root of the hair allowing it to easily slide out of the follicle smoothly.
On consultation, you will be advised on the frequency and duration of the visits that will be required to achieve the outcome you desire. The treatment time will vary depending on the extent and density of hair as well as the area to be treated.